sábado, 5 de enero de 2008

MELANIE

En abril recibimos la visita de Melanie voluntaria de Arocha, con quien compartimos agradables momentos, aqui unas notas de su diario de viajes.

"My time in Peru was absolutely amazing! Really I could not have dreamed up a better vacation! I saw over 120 new species of animal. It was breathtaking to see that much diversity along a river. As you can see from the pictures my dream of swimming in the Amazon came true. I swam everyday and loved it! Sure it was a little creepy at first like not being able to see my hand under 2 inches of water or knowing the kinds of animals that could be beneath me but it was exhilerating! My second day swimming I was approached by a small group of pink river dolphins. It was so exciting soon their curiousity faded and they were on there way then shortly after two scarlet macaws flew over my head. Did I mention already this trip was amazing! So enjoy the photos! I reccommend this lodge to anyone wanting to experience the beauty of this river. I will share more later!

Oh you are probably wondering who those women are that met me at the airport from my layover in Lima. Well A Rocha the organization I volunteered with in Kenya also has a project in Lima, Peru SO I contacted them and was able to spent some time with these wonderful volunteers talking about their animal conservation and environmental education projects there. They did not speak Spanish so it was challenging but fun. It was an amazing welcome!
Peruvian woman? (ha ha ha)"
Melanie


No hay comentarios: